Okay, so I am in my 11th week of training for marathon #2 in April and completed my 17 miles successfully yesterday. I had no mechanical issues. I have my bad knee now under control with orthotics that even out my leg length and my hips are good. My only issue was running all 17 miles on the treadmill. The weather here in the Northwest is rainy and windy and yucky and I am kinda tired of having a chapped face so, can I just complain again that I ran all 17 miles of it in a treadmill? The run would have been oh so painful had it not been for my lovely sister-in-law Lou. She hung out with me for the entire run!!
I do have to admit Lou really did not have much of a choice as she was incapacitated for the majority of the day…it was all part of my master plan to have company while running indoors. First I decided to invite her along to see a comedy show. Then I would watch her load up on sapphire and tonics while I innocently sipped a beer (I did have to run the next day I would explain). I would drag her back to my house where she would sleep off said gin and tonics only to discover the oh so yummy drinks would leave a lingering headache and upset tummy leaving Lou unable to leave my house for the entire day! So you see Lou was forced to hang out and yell at celebrities on E! and discover new places on the travel channel for my whole dreaded three-hour treadmill run. Amazingly it worked! I am so smrt s-m-r-t!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment